Tuesday, September 11, 2012

May We Never Forget




11 years ago today the United States was forever changed

11 years ago I was sitting in my 8th grade US. History class, an announcement came over the intercom and we were told to watch the tv. We learned a plane had crashed into the 1st tower and then we witnessed the 2nd plane crash. I was crying in my sit as we watched what I knew had to be a dream, this can't be real, I thought. 

As the day progressed all we did was watch the tv and eventually see the plane crash into the pentagon and the plane crash in pennsylvania field. 

In a selfish thought I was devastated, bc I knew that my dad would be leaving. You see he is in the Air Force and I knew he would be put on active duty and possibly be gone for nobody knows how long. My mom came and picked me up from school early, when my dad got home he told me the thing I had been dreading most, he was called up and would be leaving soon. He didn't know when or for how long, but gone. 

I pretty much cried all day and prayed all that day. I prayed for those in the towers, planes, and on the ground. I prayed for the firefighters, police officers, and emts trying to help those there. I prayed for the families left in turmoil and for all the innocent lives lost. I prayed for America. 

May we never forget those who lost their lives and all the heroes who saved many more.

“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children."
- President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001

God Bless The USA - Lee Greenwood

Where Were You - Alan Jackson



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...